Adventures in Digital History 2010 Rotating Header Image

What’s your issue?

We’re about 2/3 of the way through the semester.  In the comments below, each group should list its 2 or 3 biggest issues at this moment in time.

5 Comments on “What’s your issue?”

1. #1 Mary Ann
    on Mar 18th, 2010 at 11:03 am

Our biggest issue is how to get more alumni to visit our site and contribute now that it’s launched.

In the near future we’re going to be looking into how to sync up our guestbook with our second map so that we can track the location of all of our wonderful alumni visitors.

2. #2 b4ssm4st3r
    on Mar 19th, 2010 at 1:12 pm

For the MBW Group,
    We were wondering how to reformat images so that they can fit into the header with Atahualpa theme.
    Also, can we have another run down of making pages disappear from the page menu and sidebar? I can’t seem to get it to work as easily as Jim Groom did….

3. #3 b4ssm4st3r
    on Mar 19th, 2010 at 1:40 pm

never mind on the pages- i figured it out

4. #4 Seth M.
    on Mar 21st, 2010 at 5:45 pm

For Lexy and I, one issue (not necessarily the most complex) is finding the most efficient way to get our letters uploaded to Omeka. I have thought of many different possible procedures, but until early this week when we get feedback from Patrick, we will not be sure the best way. Luckily, converting and compressing an entire letter’s images so that each letter is one zoomified “image group” takes just about as much time as uploading a single page of one letter to the omeka archive. A lack of HTML/WinRar know-how is the only thing stopping me personally from progressing further.

5. #5 Megan
    on Mar 22nd, 2010 at 11:41 pm

The major issue for our Hospitals group is getting our Omeka site to look like how we want it to. I think going into the project we thought it had more flexibility as a site than we have discovered with the 7 or so themes we’re stuck with. Once we get more information on our site, though, I feel we may like it a bit better.